The Menninger Clinic Adolescent Treatment Program is for adolescents ages 12-17. There is 16 beds in this program and it is for adolescents or teen with psychiatric or co-occurring disorders. The team of medical professionals at this treatment facility aim to first stabilize a client, then indentifies the core issues to find what the next best steps in treatment are.
The Menninger Clinic’s Treatment Goals are:
- Resolve the immediate crisis and stabilize the patient.
- Reduce acute psychiatric symptoms and interrupt addictive and self-destructive behaviors.
- Create a treatment plan based on a coherent diagnostic formulation.
- Develop and practice effective coping, communication and emotion regulation skills and strategies.
- Create a wellness plan that maps the road to recovery and helps teens and their families stay on track post-discharge.
The most common diagnoses treated are:
- Major depression
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Persistent depressive disorder
- Eating disorder
- Alcohol and/or marijuana abuse
- ADHD and learning disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder